Volume Discounts Available. Contact Us for Details.
Note, this product ships to commercial addresses only.
Instrument Grade Propane - C3H8 - R290
Instrument Grade propane is free of any sulfur-based mercaptan odorants, colorless, and clean. HPG Instrument Grade is tested for C1 to C5 carbon compounds.
- Extraction Grade™ 99.5% pure Propane
- Boiling point: -43.6°F (-42°C)
- Melting point: -306.4°F (-188 °C)
- Vapor pressure: 110 psi at 70°F (21.1°C)
- Molecular formula: C3-H8
- CAS Number: 74-98-6
- Fitted with CGA 555 valve for liquid-to-liquid applications. Note: HT cylinder fitted with 3/4" NPT valve
In-House Cylinder Cleaning
- Available in:
- 20 Pounds Instrument Grade
- 100 Pounds Instrument Grade
- 420 Pounds Instrument Grade
- Without cylinder (Customer supplies own cylinder)
- Purchase cylinder (Customer buys and owns the cylinder)
- Rent cylinder We will charge a deposit for the cylinder, which will be refunded upon return of the cylinder. The minimum rental period is (1) day, which includes the day the cylinder leaves our facilities through 4:00 p.m. the next day. The rental cost of a carbon steel cylinder is calculated as follows:
- LP5 cylinder for 20 pounds ($0.30 per day)
- FX cylinder for 100 pounds ($0.75 per day)
- HT cylinder for 420 pounds ($1.50 per day)
- Subscribe (Upon approval). Hassle-free subscription includes
- Carbon steel cylinder preparation - $100 value (HT cylinder)
- Cleaning of the cylinder - up to $150 value (HT cylinder)
- Re-painting of the cylinder - up to $75 value (HT cylinder)
- Re-valving from 510 valve to 555 liquid gas compliant valve - $60 value
- 555 valve fitting - $10 value
- 555 check valve - $30 value
- Certificate of Analysis (COA) - $100 value
Propane is a three-carbon alkane with the molecular formula C3H8. It is a gas at standard temperature and pressure, but compressible to a transportable liquid. A by-product of natural gas processing and petroleum refining, it is commonly used in the welding industry and for instrument calibration. Similar to butane and isobutane, propane is one of a group of liquefied petroleum gases (LPG).
99.5% Ultra-High Purity (UHP) Instrument grade Propane is broadly used in the welding industry and for Instrumentation in refineries, analytical labs, and even in the production of aerosols.