Volume Discounts Available. Contact Us for Details.
Note, this product ships to commercial addresses only.
Extraction Grade™ Propane - C3H8
Extraction Grade™ propane is free of any sulfur-based mercaptan odorants, colorless, clean, and free of toxic BTEX compounds which are benzene, toluene, ethylbenzene, and xylene.
- Extraction Grade™ 99.5% pure Propane
- Boiling point: -43.6°F (-42°C)
- Melting point: -306.4°F (-188 °C)
- Vapor pressure: 110 psi at 70°F (21.1°C)
- Molecular formula: C3-H8
- CAS Number: 74-98-6
- Fitted with CGA 555 valve for liquid-to-liquid applications. Note: HT cylinder fitted with 3/4" NPT valve
In-House Cylinder Cleaning
- Available in:
- 20 Pounds Extraction Grade™ solvent
- 100 Pounds Extraction Grade™ solvent
- 420 Pounds Extraction Grade™ solvent
- Without cylinder (Customer supplies own cylinder)
- Purchase cylinder (Customer buys and owns the cylinder)
- Rent cylinder *We will charge a deposit for the cylinder, which will be refunded upon return of the cylinder. The minimum rental period is (1) day, which includes the day the cylinder leaves our facilities through 4:00 p.m. the next day. The rental cost of a carbon steel cylinder is calculated as follows:
- LP5 cylinder for 20 pounds ($0.30 per day)
- FX cylinder for 100 pounds ($0.75 per day)
- HT cylinder for 420 pounds ($1.50 per day)
- Subscribe (Upon approval). Hassle-free subscription includes
- Carbon steel cylinder preparation - $100 value (HT cylinder)
- Cleaning of the cylinder - up to $150 value (HT cylinder)
- Re-painting of the cylinder - up to $75 value (HT cylinder)
- Re-valving from 510 valve to 555 liquid gas compliant valve - $60 value
- 555 valve fitting - $10 value
- 555 check valve - $30 value
- Certificate of Analysis (COA) - $100 value
Propane is a three-carbon alkane the molecular formula C3H8. It is a gas at standard temperature and pressure, but compressible to a transportable liquid. A by-product of natural gas processing and petroleum refining, it is commonly used to extract chemicals from cannabis. Similar to butane and isobutane, propane is one of a group of liquefied petroleum gases (LPG).
Using propane as the solvent is one of the more popular extraction methods in the cannabis industry. It is so popular that the extracted cannabis product is often referred to as propane hash oil (PHO). Propane’s extremely low boiling point, -43.6°F (-42°C), and high vapor pressure, 110 psig at 70°F (21.1°C), keeps the propane liquefied which allows the extraction to occur at an extremely low temperature. With propane’s low boiling point -43.6°F (-42°C), the extractor is able to minimize plant nutrient loss from the heat (burn) and allows greater capture of trapped native compound. Furthermore, if the extraction is done in a closed-loop vacuum system, it also allows for a rapid and efficient recovery of the propane extraction solvent. Using propane, low-quality trim, and waste biomass input material can easily be converted into a greater amount of cannabinoid extract versus other extraction methods. Low-temperature methods with high-quality input material can yield greater quantity, and higher quality crumble. Propane extraction offers the widest array of products that include crumble, shatter, diamonds, sauce, crude, winterized, decarboxylated, distillate, vapes, and formulated products. Similar to butane, there is virtually no product that propane cannot make and is a great option for operators that have a diverse product portfolio.
99.5% Ultra-High Purity (UHP) Instrument Grade Propane. Ideal for extraction.