Media Bros - CRX™ Filtration Media for In-Line CRC Application.
Media Bros CRX™ zeolite is a natural, non-toxic all-purpose media for removing color bodies. It improves clarity and unlocks crystallization potential in botanical oils while preserving terpenes. CRX™ is a great choice for fresh frozen material when your priority is preserving terpenes.
We recommend using Media Bros CRX™ for extracts that need a slight polish and better terpene retention. Media Bros CRX™ will provide a light filtration of color and fats/lipids. Use Media Bros CRX™ with fresher materials, fresh frozen, buds, 3-month-old (or less) trim, etc. Media Bros CRX™ has a roughly estimated remediation strength of 2 to 3. The biomass and operating conditions will affect the overall outcome.
Media Bros - CRX™ is primarily for fresh frozen material and biomass needing a light color touch-up. The benefits are:
- Pre-baked and mixed
- Ready out of the bag
- No pressure drops
- Designed to be safe to handle and easy to use
- Extremely reproducible
- Minimal downtime
Media Bros CRX™ filtration media works for all hydrocarbon extractions. The high surface area, non-swelling, large-format media are designed to keep you running faster and safer while keeping in-line pressure drops in your system at a minimum.
Media Bros CRX™ requires no mixing or preparation prior to use. It is heat-treated, dried, and shipped ready to use
- CRX™ Filtration Media
- In-Line Filtration Housing and Screen
- Size: for best result use a 3-inch to 4-inch diameter column that is between 8-inch to 12-inch tall
- CRX™ works best with 5 to 10 micron sintered mesh plate
- CRX™ works best with a solvent ratio to the biomass of 6:1 to 10:1
- CRX™ works best at temperatures below -10°C
1) Load 150 - 250 grams of filter media into filtration housing every 1 lb of biomass. The media quantity used is dependent on the quality of the biomass. Higher quality biomass requires less media. Lower quality biomass requires more media. The lookup table can be used as a reference.
|Biomass||CRX™ Media use based on grade|
|Plant Matter||Low Grade||Medium Grade||High Grade|
|1 lb||250 g||200 g||150 g|
|2 lbs||500 g||400 g||300 g|
|5 lbs||1,250 g||1,000 g||750 g|
|10 lbs||2,500 g||2,000 g||1,500 g|
|15 lbs||3,750 g||3,000 g||2,250 g|
|20 lbs||5,000 g||4,000 g||3,000 g|
|25 lbs||6,250 g||5,000 g||3,750 g|
|30 lbs||7,500 g||6,000 g||4,500 g|
|50 lbs||12,500 g||10,000 g||7,500 g|
|100 lbs||25,000 g||20,000 g||15,000 g|
2) Ensure that the media is secured in a filtration housing
a. Ensure the 5 to 10-micron screen is installed
3) CRX™ does not need to be wetted prior to use
4) Run filtration using a hydrocarbon-based solvent
a. Avoid saturation and maintain the flow
5) Follow disposal instructions in SDS