Volume Discounts Available. Contact Us for Details.
Note, this product ships to commercial addresses only.
High Precision Gas offers ultra-high purity (UHP) gaseous Argon (Ar) - 300 cubic feet
Argon (Ar) is odorless, colorless, inert, monatomic and possesses very low chemical reactivity.
- Ultra-High Purity (UHP) Grade - 99.999%
- Boiling point: -302.5°F (-185.8°C)
- Melting point: -308.8°F (-189.4 °C)
- Vapor pressure: 2,640 psig at 70°F (21.1°C) for 300 cf cylinder
- Molecular formula: Ar
- CAS Number: 7440-37-1
- Without cylinder (Customer supplies own cylinder)
- Purchase cylinder (Customer buys and owns the cylinder)
- Rent cylinder *We will charge a deposit of $300 per cylinder, which will be refunded upon return of the cylinder. The minimum rental period is (1) day, which includes the day the cylinder leaves our facilities through 4:00 p.m. the next day. The rental cost of a 300 cf carbon steel cylinder is calculated at $0.75 per day.
High Precision Gas provides ultra-high pressure, high purity (UHP) argon gas that can be used in an array of applications including carrier and purging gas, chemical synthesis, and instrument calibration. We deliver in a variety of dewars and high-pressure, cylinder packages.
Argon gas is often used for
- Production of pharmaceuticals
- Preventing the spoiling of foods
- Eliminating toxic vapors
- Producing electronic components
Argon is the ultimate and preferred inert gas. As argon is an inert gas that will not react with other molecules. Argon purging in the packaging industry is typically done to protect against oxygen reactions that can break down certain products. Certain food products, for instance, will spoil quickly when exposed to oxygen. By displacing the oxygen in a container or container headspace with argon, the product's exposure to oxygen is minimized, which results in benefits such as longer shelf life and extended retention of flavor, color, and texture.